About Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College of Engineering , Satara
Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College of Engineering , Satara is one of the esteemed educational institutions in the state of Maharashtra. The institute was established in year 1983 and has continued its prestigious journey for the last 35 years, and is affiliated to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
To be a premier institute enhancing the young minds into globally competent manpower.
- M1: To provide academic excellence for overall development & global employability of students.
- M2: To strengthen industry institute interaction for mutual benefits & entrepreneurship.
- M3: To promote innovation and research for catering the needs of society at large.
- M4: To inculcate social as well as ethical values amongst employees and students.
Quality Policy :
- Develop a quality system for conscious and consistent actions to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institution.
- Ensure timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial activities.
- Ensure relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
Core Values :
- Loyalty and Integrity
- Honesty and Sincerity
- Joyful Education
- Respect,Ethics and Cooperation
- Motivation and Compassion
- Fairness and Equality
Perspective Plan : (Deployment Documents)
Higher education is developing very fast in basic as well as professional areas. With the growth of technology, engineering education is a matter of concern every day. Industry needs people with problem solving ability, having logical thought process and more practice oriented. So as to educate students with these abilities and engineering practices our institute envisages the academic programmes by considering need of the society, Industry and the service sect. While preparing the perspective plan thought is given to achieve academic autonomy for engineering programmes to realize the mission. Human resource of the Institute is remarkably helping the students in achieving the mission and objectives of our institute.Therefore Faculty and Staff training to improve teaching learning process is also an area of concern. Research, extension activities, extracurricular programmes for students need to be revived
The perspective plan of the institute is prepared with following aspects :
- 1. Enhancing the quality of Teaching Learning Process
- 2. Promotion of research among faculty and student
- 3. Enhancing Industry Institute Integration
- 4. Engaging extension activities
- 5. Quality Assurance Measures
1. Enhancing the quality of Teaching – Learning :
- a. To provide more student-centric teaching learning methodology
- b. Up-gradation of skills of faculty and staff through STTP, FDP, QIP, web learning through NPTEL, etc.
- c. Creating infrastructure to use modern teaching aid.
- d. Industry interface through summer internship for faculty and students.
- e. Undertaking field project with participation from the industry.
2. Promotion of Research among staff and students :
- a. Providing platform to the faculty and students for industry sponsored projects, R & D activities.
- b. Encouraging faculty members to undertake research work and research publication in a reputed journal,conferences, etc.
- c. Encouraging & motivating students to attend conferences, workshops, undertake the project of research orientation, publish their research/review papers, etc.
- d. Inviting experts and eminent person for evaluation of progress in various departments.
3. Enhancing Industry Institution Integration :
- a. Establishing the platform for the faculty to undergo internship in related industries
- b. Providing the facility for students to take internship or training in related industry
- c. Providing skill based training to the student.
- d. Signing MoU with organization/corporate/industry to exchange the knowledge and expertise in related program of engineering.
- e. Make an effort to educate the students for entrepreneurship and setting up an startups incubation cell
4. Engaging extension activities :
- a. Inculcating Rayat Culture in faculty, staff and students.
- b. Developing leadership qualities in students through various activities.
- c. Contributing to social change and promoting green initiatives.
- d. Enhancing operational efficiency in academic and administration for better results.
5. Quality Assurance Measures :
- a. Accreditation: Getting NAAC accreditation and subsequently NBA accreditation.
- b. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC).