Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities
All budding engineers joining the College are heartily welcomed by the Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities for their first two semesters. The Department initiated its journey from the academic year 2017-2018 with the affiliation of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere. 1983 to 2016 it was affiliated to Shivaji University Kolhapur. This Department is committed to cultivate the fundamental principles and understanding of science to develop the students' basic knowledge of engineering. Aspiring young engineers, after the long period of school life, feel their first experience of college life here and need careful guidance for at successful transition. The department actively encourages students to display their individual talents in art, culture, debates and group discussions through many mother activities and associations. The Department comprises of four different areas of teaching. They are Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Communication Skills & subjects from core branches of Engineering. This department plays a unique and distinctive role in enhancing the culture of science and technology among the aspiring engineers.
Objectives of Department
- The Department has started student associations mainly to develop various skills of the students.
- The main objective of the department is to develop among the students a sound foundation of basic scientific principles which will enable them to understand their core subjects offered in higher semesters.
- The Department ensures that the students develop sharpness for the English language, enabling them to make effective communication through this language. The Department actively encourages students to display their individual talents in art, culture, debates, group discussions, extracurricular activities as well as various other activities through student organizations.
- The Department takes active efforts to develop confidence among students and also encourages progressive and analytical thinking, raises creativity and enhances professional competence.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Sciences & Engineering.
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
|Year of Establishment||1983|
|Intake:||U. G.: 2021-22 (Intake: 300)|
|Affiliated To :||Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological Universty Lonere.|
To be a premier institute at the national level by nurturing emerging technocrats to become globally competent.
M1. To provide academic excellence for the overall development & global employability of students.
M2. To strengthen industry-institute interaction for mutual benefits & entrepreneurship.
M3. To promote innovation and research for catering to the needs of society at large.
M4. To inculcate social as well as ethical values amongst employees and students.