Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna by Technical Institutions (PMKVY-TI): This scheme is implementing through AICTE approved Colleges to impart Engineering skills to drop-out students and find placement in suitable private sector jobs.
The main aim is to make students ready for the industry. It realized unanimously though lately that there is a big gap between academic knowledge and technical skills required by the industry. Therefore at KBP COE, Satara, with the excellence set of academic teaching, various technical skills required by the industry/corporate world are also taught to the students. Students here are trained to be practically oriented than just academically perfect.
The main objectives of Skill Development Centre are:
- To provide all the facilities and resources like latest softwares, electronic devices, equipments, journals, books etc.
- To give practical training to the students in the required essential technical skills.
- To conduct Workshops and Seminars by industrial experts.
- To facilitate Institute industrial interactions and knowledge exchange programmes.
- To arrange Industrial visits in and around the city and outskirts.
- To coordinate with the placement activity in the campus.
The training faculty at the skill development centre are expert internal faculty especially those whose background is based on industry and research and development. Different sessions of training in technical skills required by the industry are conducted with the groups of students. Workshops and seminars are conducted regularly by the industrial expertise from reputed companies to share the latest trends and requirements of the industry. This training at the centre along with internship programmes prepare the students to face the future challenges and make them industry ready. So when you study at Al Habeeb, you will not only gain knowledge, you will also know how to use it. The regular advancement in technology and at every field of education demands perfection from students also to get acquainted with everything. To achieve this task GITS Skill Development Cell offers rich program and opportunities to develop soft skills of the students beyond the main degree to help them to stand out in the job market and enhance their CV.
- Skill Development Cell is associated with National Skill Development Corporation to focus on upgradation of skill to international standards through significant industry involvement and to develop necessary framework and standards for training of youth of this country.
- The Objectives of this cell is to encourage proficiency and skill development of youth by conducting approved training programs in different sectors and providing monetary rewards on successful completion. SDC enhances the professional skills in the semi-skilled and unskilled labor in various job roles and is intended to develop and certify skills as per industry standards. SDC staff attended Training of trainers program in Telecom Sector.
- SDC is having affiliation with six(6) different skill sector councils of NSDC such as Agriculture Skill Council, Automotive Skill Development Council, Telecom Sector Skill Council, Retailers Association Skill Council, Rubber Skill Development Council and Construction Skill Sector Council for imparting training in 27 job roles.SDC has taken up Skill Training Programmes for Electronics Sector under the “Electronic System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM) scheme.
- SDC has been empanelled by the Quality Council of India for conducting “Comprehensive Solution for Training and Assessment using online mode.
Skill Development Cell:
|1||Prof. Dr. Bhalchandra B. Godbole||Chairman|
|2||Prof. Mrs. Archana N. Ulmek||Member Secretary|
|3||Prof. Shashank R. Mahajan||Member|
|4||Prof. Digvijay B. Kadam||Member|
|5||Prof. Pravin L. Jadhav||Member|
|6||Prof. Shashank S. Lokhande||Member|
|7||Prof. Bhgwat S. Uchale||Member|
|8||Shri. Rajendra M. Pharande||Member|
|9||Shri. Rajendra A. PatiI||Member|